There is so much pressure within our society to confirm to the norm when it comes to receiving flu shots or other types of vaccines. However, you feel about this, and whatever you do is your business and no one is here to condemn you for doing what you think is best; however, there are alternatives to the norm or what you think is the norm and what everyone else in your circle is doing.
The FLU is a funny thing, right… I mean they come out with the flu shot and spend enormous amount of money marketing YOU getting your flu shot to help YOU not get the FLU but what happens… You get the FLU. In fact my grandmother was rushed to the hospital with “a new kind of flu.” Yes I put that in quotations because that is what the Dr.’s are saying and that even though she had received the FLU shot it didn’t protect her from the new strand.
In fact 5 other individuals in that same day had been admitted into the hospitals because of this new strand. The answer is not in the FLU shot. The answer is in something else, and before I go into this answer I want to disarm you from already making excuses.
I once was told that “Excuses are well planned lies.” I believe that this is true. So please if you think you already have the answer and you don’t need this information please read with an open mind and stop making excuses in your head.
If you want and need this information please take it for what it is worth and try to fit the answers and ideas within your lifestyle. Either way don’t dismiss the ideas and research done by others to show you and give you ideas to help you FIGHT THE FLU and sickness this winter season the healthy way, a more natural way.
All Vaccines Suppress Your Immune System
Vaccines can also be immune suppressive—that is, they can suppress your immune system, which may not return to normal for weeks to months.
Some components in vaccines are neurotoxic and may depress your immune response or cause brain and immune dysfunction, particularly heavy metals such as mercury preservatives and aluminum adjuvants
The lab-altered vaccine viruses themselves may also affect your immune response in a negative way
Vaccines may alter your t-cell function and lead you to become chronically ill
Vaccines can trigger allergies or autoimmune disorders. Vaccines introduce large foreign protein molecules into your body. Your body can respond to these foreign particles in a way that causes an allergic reaction or triggers autoimmunity, especially in persons genetically or biologically vulnerable to allergy and autoimmunity
The flu vaccine may also pose an immediate risk to your cardiovascular system due to the fact that they elicit an inflammatory response. One 2007 study published in the Annals of Medicine4 concluded that:
“Abnormalities in arterial function and LDL oxidation may persist for at least two weeks after a slight inflammatory reaction induced by influenza vaccination. These could explain in part the earlier reported increase in cardiovascular risk during the first weeks after an acute inflammatory disorder.” (Dr. Mercola)
So obviously any type of vaccine isn’t the “Natural” way to keep sickness away. The FLU shot is supposed to help you NOT get the flu and it isn’t 100% effective, but neither is just taking vitamins or eating healthy. I know all of this; however, the difference in keeping the flu away naturally compared to the FLU shot is improving your immune system.
The flu shot doesn’t improve your immune system, in fact it suppress’ it. So what are you supposed to do? Here are some ideas and research I have discovered while doing my seven years of research.
- Research shows that most individuals when contracting the flu that their Vitamin D levels were low. A previous blog post about his can be found here >>>>>.
- “Vitamin D levels in your blood fall to their lowest point during flu seasons. Unable to be protected by the body’s own antibiotics that are released by vitamin D, a person with low vitamin D level is more vulnerable to contracting colds, influenza, and other respiratory infections.”It is very important to supplement Vitamin D during these months, especially if you live in the northern states with no sunshine. Even if you live in Florida or another state where there is sunshine and you can get out, it is important to supplement with Vitamin D3 supplement made of whole food. Click Here >>>>>
- Use Natural Antibiotics: Garlic & Oregano! Your body will not resist these and it will help you fight off bacteria,viruses, and protozoa in your body.
- Omega 3 Fats – Take a good source of animal based omega 3. This is crucial in maintaining your health.
- Rest – Sleep: Getting enough rest is important especially during this time of year. When you are tired and exhausted your body is fatigued, and your immune system will be compromised.
- STRESS: Have effective ways to deal with stress. When you are stressed your body will be compromised and if you don’t have effective ways to deal with stress you will most likely indulge in ways that might be harmful to the body and the immune system. i.e. eating too much sugar or processed foods, drinking too much alcohol, etc..
- Use the 5 A formula:
- Exercise: Exercise is not only a great way to effectively deal with stress, but it also allows the blood to flow throughout the body, testosterone and those great endorphins to flow throughout the body to help fight off and find the illness before it goes too far.
These are a few ideas to help you stay healthy and even if you do get the flu or get a little cold your immune system is stronger and better off from thinking and acting naturally to keep you and your family healthy. For the supplements be sure to use a Whole Food vitamin and supplement. If you need suggestions you can find these types of supplements HERE >>>>>>
For exercise and fitness please contact Becky or myself to help you with your workout regimen. Whether you live here locally or not we can help you. We will also be having a “Move of the Week” posted starting the first week of January. This will help to spice up your workout routine and get something different in.
What are some ways you have adopted to keep you and your family healthy during the winter months?