Ok- I know there was a list of 10 foods and we can discuss them one on one if you would like. If you would like to add to the life please do… the rest of the list is pretty much common sense right or is it? I am sure even though there are some things on this list we know are bad for us we consume them more often than we should. I am not talking about a little here or there- but everyday- 3 times a week! The others on the list taking off Pork are as listed.
- Shell-Fish – Bottom Feeders. Why would would you want to eat the crap they eat.
- Hydrogenated Oils (See Below)
- Artificial Sweeteners (aspartame, saccharine, Sucralose) – Please do your research on this- So much information. In fact studies show that drinking diet soda leaves one feeling more hungry so in theory you would eat more.
- Milk- Fat or Cream – Now a days with pesticides, and chemicals you are getting this in your milk – many studies have been done finding chemicals in milk which could cause many allergies. Alternatives- Silk Almond Milk.. delicious
- White Flour –
- White Sugar –
- Corn Syrup – Don’t believe the commercial with the women saying, “it is ok in moderation, know your facts.” Yeah, the fact is that sugar suppresses your immune system. Why would I want to do that?
- Fast, Refined, & Fried Foods – (Speaks for it self right? Anything that is this processed you need to stay away from.)
- Soda – Anything you can clean your battery with – you really shouldn’t consume.
What do hydrogenated oils do? When healthy oils are processed through bubbling hydrogen at temperatures up to 210 C, un-natural fatty acids are created that are called trans-fatty acids. Your body is unable to use this un-natural fatty acids so the liver see them as toxic waste and proceeds to detoxify and eliminate them. Trans-fatty acids are one of the most toxic wastes that can be inside your body. Trans fatty acids, also, can block your body’s use of the essential fatty acids.
There is so much information on all of these foods. Please do your research and educate yourself. I could do it, but it would a forever blog post.
Here is a great idea to live by: “Eat to Live, not Live to Eat.” Jordan Rubin said that in his book The Great Physicians Rx.
Your Life – Your Health – Your Journey